PRINT OF VIEW A COPY OF THE 2021 BUDGETS FOR THE GENERAL, WATER AND SEWER FUNDS: 2021 Final Budget.General Water Sewer Funds 12.10.2020
2021 BUDGET HIGHLIGHTS:
On Thursday, December 10, 2020, the Board of Commissioners approved the 2021 budgets for the General, Water and Sewer funds. Highlights include:
- No increase in the 2021 Real Estate Tax Rate
- Property Tax Rate is unchanged at 4.95 mills, including 0.0158 mills dedicated towards the Neville Island Fire Company.
- Despite the 2020 COVID-19 Pandemic, the 2021 Budget includes funds to continue all services and to pave and repair Township roads and match grant funds to improve our parks.
- No increase in Garbage Rates for 2020.
- The Garbage Rate is $42.00 per quarter.
- In October 2020, the Board awarded a 3-year contract to Waste Management.
- Rate includes unlimited weekly pick-up of household trash.
- Also included is free bulky item pick-up and Household Hazardous Waste Recycling by special appointment.
- No increase in the Water Rates for 2020.
- The Water Base Rate remains $32.00 per quarter for 5/8” line and include first 3,000 gallons.
- Water Volume Rate after 3,000 gallons remains $9.11 per each additional 1,000 gallons.
- Township’s largest expense is purchase of bulk drinking water from West View Water Authority.
- In 2020 WVWA increase rates approximately 20%.
- The Township was able to absorb the rate increase by reducing costs and the use of grants for repairs and improvements.
- For 2020-21 the Township received a $350,000 PA Small Water Grants to replace the 16” Neville Rd Watermain and $359,300 to replace the Nebraska Ave. Waterline.
- 2021 Sewer Budget Includes a Rate Change / Increase for Some Customers (based on use).
- Sewer Base Rate will increase from $34.60 to $39.00 per quarter.
- Sewer Base Rate now allows customers to use an additional 1,000 gallons free of volume charges.
- Sewer Volume Rate increases from $17.30 to $21.75 per 1,000 gallons used over the 2,000-gallon minimum.
- The separate $10.75 separate ALCOSAN Charge has been eliminated from all customer bills
- Rates charged to Township customers have not been increased since July 2015.
- ALCOSAN has increased the rate charged to the Township to treat sewage between 7% and 15% each year between 2015 and 2021, and these rates will continue to increase. The Township can no longer absorb the ALCOSAN cost to treat sewage without a customer rate increase.
- The reason for ALCOSAN’s increase is a federal mandate to reduce sewage overflows from the area’s rivers – our source of drinking water and recreation.
The Township of Neville hereby gives notice that the 2021 Township Budget will be proposed and discussed at the regularly scheduled public caucus meeting to convene at 7:00 PM on Thursday, November 5, 2020. The Board of Commissioners is scheduled to approve the 2021 Proposed Budget at the regular monthly meeting to convene at 7:00 PM on Thursday, November 12, 2020.
A copy of the 2021 Proposed Budget will be on public display for no less than 20 days and through the date of 2021 Final Budget adoption. Interested parties may review the budget during business hours at the Neville Township Municipal Building, 5050 Grand Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15225 or online 2021 Preliminary Budget.General Water and Sewer Funds.11.12.2020
All meetings will be held in the Neville Township Municipal Building, 5050 Grand Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15225 with a virtual meeting option available due to COVID. Please visit www.nevilletownship.us or call 412-264-1977 for COVID safety information.