On Thursday, December 9, 2021, the Board of Commissioners approved the 2022 budgets for the General, Water and Sewer funds. Highlights include:
No increase in the 2022 Real Estate Tax Rate
- Property Tax Rate is unchanged at 4.95 mills, including 0.0158 mills dedicated towards the Neville Island Fire Company.
- Despite the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, the 2022 Budget includes funds to continue all services and to pave and repair Township roads.
- The 2022 Budget increased funding for upgrades to Cottage Park, including new equipment and improvements to the restrooms.
- Grant applications have been submitted to upgrade traffic signals at Grand at Gibson and Grand at Neville, to begin construction of the new Riverfront Park, and for Cottage Park Improvements.
No increase in Garbage Rates for 2022.
- The Garbage Rate is $42.00 per quarter.
- This is year 2 of a 3-year contract with Waste Management awarded in October 2020.
- Rate includes unlimited weekly pick-up of household trash.
- Also included is free, bulky item pick-up and Household Hazardous Waste Recycling (by special appointment.)
No increase in the Water Rates for 2022.
- The Water Base Rate remains $32.00 per quarter for 5/8” line and include first 3,000 gallons.
- Water Volume Rate after 3,000 gallons remains $9.11 per each additional 1,000 gallons.
- Township’s largest expense is purchase of bulk drinking water from West View Water Authority.
- In 2020 WVWA increase rates approximately 20%.
- The Township was able to absorb the rate increase by reducing costs and the use of grants for repairs and improvements.
- For 2020-21 the Township received a $350,000 PA Small Water Grants to replace the 16” Neville Rd Watermain and $359,300 to replace the Nebraska Ave. Waterline.
- 2021-2022 grant applications have been submitted to replace water lines at Utah Street, Pine Road, Arizona Ave. and Idaho Ave.
No Increase in the Sewer Rate for 2022.
- The Sewer Base Rate remains $39.00 per quarter.
- Sewer Base Rate is $21.75 per 1,000 gallons used over the 2,000-gallon minimum.
- In November 2021, ALCOSAN announced a 7% rate increase charged to the Township to treat sewage for each year beginning in 2022 through 2027.
- The 2022 Township budget absorbs the ALCOSAN rate increase to treat sewage without a customer rate increase; however, less funds are available for repairs and improvements.
- The reason for ALCOSAN’s increase is a federal mandate to reduce sewage overflows from the area’s rivers – our source of drinking water and recreation.
View or Print a Copy of the 2022 Budget: Neville Township 2022 Final Budget General Water and Sewer Funds