Link to the National Weather Service Hydrology Page: Find current reports on River Conditions, Warnings, Watches, Advisories and Statements, Flood History and Predictions, and more information about the Ohio River at Pittsburgh: https://www.weather.gov/pbz/hydro
IMPORTANT FLOOD REMINDERS:
- Use extreme caution near the river and STAY CLEAR of rising rivers.
- Flooded roads should be avoided. TURN AROUND, DON’T DROWN.
- Remember to maintain your home and business exterior storm drains and downspouts to allow water to flow safely to drains and not into your buildings.
- Those close to streams, creeks and rivers need to pay attention to potential rising waters and potential ice jams.
- During winter months – thawing and precipitation will cause shifting ice and rivers to rise sharply – winter ice jams may lead to unprecitable flooding in areas.